Have you ever wanted to live the pirate’s life? If hunting for treasure is something you’ve always wanted to try, but don’t want to get dirty in the process, or have little time on your hands, this game might just be for you! Tell your friends so you can steal their treasures too!
Traveler’s Quest™, a rare double nominee and finalist in the 2009, 2010 and 2011 BestAppEver Awards, is a new and innovative way to combine a real world treasure hunt, with virtual treasures right on your iPhone!
** Featured in What’s Hot in Games – 2010/01/19 – 01/25 **
Traveler’s Quest is a game which allows you to buy maps, track down virtual treasure in the real world and add it to your virtual collections. The maps are not just part of the game, they belong to other people around you who are also playing the game! That’s right, when you bury your treasures, they can be dug up by other players in the game who can then choose to rebury them or hold on to them in their treasure room!
Traveler’s Quest is an awesome casual game that will have you checking for treasures wherever you go, near or far, first every once in a while, then when you wake up, and as you go to bed and any time in between! If you can get there, you can bury a treasure there, and dig one up too! There are no real life treasures to find and put back. The treasures are in game, giving you the ability to collect as many as you want and bury them anywhere.
- Map Room: Holds your treasure detector and maps to treasures you have detected or purchased from the in game store. Using the in game maps and GPS / location services, get as close as you can to a treasure before digging it up and get bonus gold for accuracy!
- Collect Treasure: Tap the “X” on the map to see treasure details pop up and tap “>” to collect!
- Treasure Room:Keep your collected treasures and maps to your buried treasures safely hidden in your very own treasure room! Buried treasures receive gold interest for each day that a treasure remains safely buried.
- Collections: Find every piece in a collection, and receive an extra bonus, plus an achievement! Make sure to keep a spare in your treasure room (unburied) so you keep your completed collection bonus, and your place on the collections leaderboard! Some collections, or pieces of collections can only be found in limited areas around the world too!
- In Game Store: Now you can purchase Doubloons for level upgrades and traps. Use either gold, or in-app purchase for über detect, enhanced news, bury and hunt radiuses and more!
- In Game Leaderboards: Travelers Quest boasts in-game leader boards based on over all score, gold, treasures, collections and now accuracy. Fight your way to the top by pillaging your friends buried treasures then taunt them in the news feed which lets them know who stole their treasure! Game Center leaderboards and achievements are new with our recently released version 2.4. Compare your achievements and scores with your friends, and the world!
- News Room: News updates show who has purchased a map to your treasure and how much you earned. News also shows who has pilfered your treasure. Enhanced news upgrade shows you even more information about your maps and treasures others have found including the location and the treasure’s level.
- World Wide: Play against other players around the corner, or around the world, with players on every continent.
Traveler’s Quest will get you off the couch and out of the house, hunting for treasures near by and far away. It’s the perfect game to play while you’re on the go! Around town or around the world, Traveler’s Quest is sure to be a game you come back to play!
Become the richest collector in the world, in Traveler’s Quest!
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING:
“Primary function? This gadget in my hands is first and foremost a Treasure Detector….Oh!…It is also a phone…” — ToMiTa
Top App Charts
Best Chart Rankings*
#32 in Strategy Games (iPhone) on Feb 8, 2012
#39 in Family Games (iPhone) on Feb 9, 2012
#133 in Adventure Games (iPhone) on Jun 8, 2011
#147 in Role Playing Games (iPhone) on Jul 4, 2010
#108 in Adventure Games (iPhone) on Jan 23, 2010
#176 in Navigation (iPhone) on Apr 24, 2010
Facebook: On our Facebook fan page you can talk with other players, play challenges open only to the Facebook community where Upgrade Credits are given to the winners. Upgrade credits can be used to purchase ANY upgrade in the In-App store too!
Adventures in Traveler’s Quest: For those who don’t like Facebook, we have created our own personal social site. While it’s not as active as Facebook, many of the same players visit both locations.
- Traveler’s Quest is made for the iPhone ONLY and WILL NOT install on an iPod Touch.
- LOCATION SERVICES:
- Location services are handled by your iPhone’s GPS and the location service provider embedded in the device. See the Traveler’s Quest FAQ for more info.
- TQ 2.1 works even harder to improve performance on edge networks. In combination with the iPhone 4, TQ 2.1 is easily 4x as fast as TQ 1.6 on an iPhone 3Gs
New Features in Traveler’s Quest version 2.2
- Better handling of phone/device upgrades
- Treasure Room size increase
- Enhanced News upgrade: Get notified when other treasure hunters are on your turf! Also receive more detailed alerts when other adventurers are after your loot. Privacy settings in Home > Info page.